International Business and Diplomatic Exchange (IBDE) is a London-based non-profit organisation committed to facilitating dialogue and resource-sharing between the global business, policy-making and diplomatic communities - with a particular goal of giving a voice to emerging economies as drivers of the next stage of global development as well as promoting multinational businesses worldwide. Beside its trade & investment promotion programmes, IBDE runs an international programme on responsible financial services and good governance. Through selected events such as investments forums, round-tables, workshops, conferences, seminars and networking opportunities, IBDE aims to support international businesses in identifying key investment opportunities and strategies within the international economic and political context. IBDE provides an independent, accessible platform for debate on the international business and political issues impacting global markets.
IBDE has the following principle objectives:
- to provide assistance in increasing international trade and investment flows;
- to identify and promote new business opportunities and to support wealth creation;
- to promote sound investment practice;
- to promote responsible banking and finance;
- to promote project finance and public private partnerships
- to promote good governance and corporate social responsibility;
- to promote the concept of international business and commercial diplomacy
- to provide assistance in integrating developing countries into the global markets;
- to undertake research to support our promotional activities.
IBDE prides itself for its excellent partnerships with prestigious institutions and organisations such as EU, City of London, FCO, EBRD, embassies and corporates as well as leading academic institutions such as Oxford, UCL, and East Anglia. IBDE’s overarching concept, linking business, policy-making and diplomacy at all levels, commits the organisation to using its influence to help both embassies and businesses secure new business, trade and investment opportunities. As such IBDE has both the background and outlook to stimulate and support its members’ commercial interests offering an accessible platform to diplomatic as well as global corporate representatives from the widest spectrum of nations.
If you would like to get involved with the work of the IBDE Advisory Groups and enjoy access to events and initiatives, or for more information on how to become an IBDE member please contact us on